Arrival and Dismissal Traffic Pattern
- Parent vehicles will still enter the campus using the entrance on the right (north) side of the building. Please use the lane on the right of the entrance.
- Once you have entered the parking lot, parent drop-off will stay in the left lane while school buses will stay in the right lane. School buses will continue around the outside of the parking lot. This step has not changed.
- A staff member (most likely Mr. Barrette) will be standing near the end of the loop to direct traffic. When signaled by the staff member, parent vehicles will continue to proceed behind the school around the outside of the parking lot. Parent vehicles will continue completely around the building and turn left at the end of the building.
- After turning left, a student drop-off zone has been clearly marked with cones right in front of Door 5. Students will exit their parent's vehicle and proceed directly to the school staff members who will be waiting to collect their daily health screening ticket and to take their temperature with a touchless thermometer.
- When the student has safely entered Door 5, the parent vehicle will proceed to exit the campus using the entrance on the left (south) side of the building near the construction.
By making this change, we are hoping to improve traffic in two ways. First, by keeping the entrance lanes the same and now sending cars behind the building, we can accommodate many more cars in line and keep them off of Old County Road. We believe that by keeping the bus in the outside lane until towards the end of the loop, they will be able to make the turn to drop students off at Door 10. Second, allowing family vehicles to exit the campus using a separate entrance, we will help parents exit the campus more easily and quickly.
Daily Health Screening tickets for each student
Please make sure to have a completed Daily Health Screening ticket ready for each of your children if you are dropping them off or walking them to school. Each child will receive a new packet of tickets each Friday. Blank tickets are also attached to this message for any family that needs them. It's OK if you print them on white paper. While we can provide extras during arrival if you forget, it holds up the process for other families.