This information is available in the School Handbook, but, because it's cold and flu season, we wanted to send this out to families as a reminder.
Parents should observe for symptoms of illness each morning before school. For the safety of all students, please follow our district policy on when to keep your child home.Exclude from school if child has:
- Temperature above 100 F within the past 24 hours and/or general condition is poor in spite of temperature
- Sore throat and/or swollen glands
- Earache and/or discharge from the ear canal
- Itchy red eyes, with or without drainage
- Frequent or uncontrolled cough and/or runny nose
- Severe headache
- Unidentified rash
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours
Any child with the above symptoms should stay home. Parents are required to notify the school on the morning of each absence.
Please inform the school office or the nurse if your child is absent or has an extended illness or surgery. A note MUST accompany a child returning to school after absence or tardiness.
If your child has been diagnosed with a throat or eye infection, (i.e. Strep throat or pink eye) and is put on an antibiotic, he/she needs to stay home for a full 24 hours before returning to school.